Conditions of Transport:
Due to the responsibility of transporting children on the bus, certain conditions must be met, as set by the Nursery and the RTA:
- Only children over two years of age will be transported on the bus.
- Children will not be considered for bus transportation until they are fully settled into the Nursery and only after they have attended the Nursery for a period of one month.
- Children will not be accepted onto the bus without a suitable booster seat.
- Children will not be accepted onto the bus until the School Transport Agreement has been signed and the Bus Fees paid.
- Our Bus Fee is based on a two way service, regardless of whether the child is transported one way or two ways. Transportation contract is an annual contract and there will not be any return/refund due to academic holidays.
- A female Bus Monitor will always be present on the bus with the children.
- The Bus Monitor will make a courtesy call to parents when the bus is 5 minutes away from the designated stop.
- Parents/carers must wait with their child at the allocated bus stop until the bus arrives.
- If the child is not at the bus stop at the allotted time, the Driver will only wait a maximum of 10 minutes.
- The Bus Monitor is unable to collect the child from the door or drop the child to the door as she is not permitted to leave the bus.
- Parents/carers should be waiting at the bus stop for their child to disembark upon return from school.
- A child will only be handed over to an adult known to the school/Bus Monitor. If there is a change of adult, the school MUST be advised before the bus embarks on its journey.
- The Nursery does not supply the bus but has a contract with the bus owner. We use selected buses which are less than three years old.
- We employ experienced Drivers who are selected following a stringent recruiting process to ensure that they are suitable to work with children.
- The bus contains a First Aid Box, Fire Extinguisher and all seats have a lap belt fitted.
- The windows are tinted and the bus is air conditioned to ensure the children do not get too hot.
- The school bus service runs on a pre-determined bus stop system and will only stop at designated areas.
- Parents should not expect Drivers to have any control over traffic or road works.
- Drivers will not alter the bus route without prior consent from the Principal.
Only those children, whose parents have paid for the bus and signed the transport agreement, are allowed to travel on the bus.
- Bus Register:
A bus register is created for each bus and the children that travel on each of the buses. It is the responsibility of the Bus Monitor to ensure that the register is completed.
Communication between parents and the school is of even more importance for bus children. Parents must ensure they check their child’s school bag each day and their child’s Home School Book. Any urgent information will be passed to the Teacher through Reception.
- Bus Monitor:
The Bus Monitor is responsible for completing the Bus Register on a daily basis. The Register is completed as follows –
- Child’s name and Class.
- Bus Monitor ticks and initials when the child is picked up from home.
- Upon arrival at School the Bus Monitor completes the name of the Teacher or Teaching Assistant the child is handed to and this person also initials.
- When all children are on the bus and ready to return home the Bus Monitor ticks off each child and initials.
- Upon delivery home, the parent/carer is required to sign the Bus Register to confirm the child has been handed over.
It is also the Bus Monitors responsibility to ensure that all children safely enter the bus and that all children are seated, with lap belts on before the bus disembarks.
- Bus Drivers:
The Bus Driver has a card holder that displays a photo of all children who travel on the bus. The Bus Driver must perform visual checks to ensure that the correct children are on the bus. This is in addition to the checks done by the Bus Monitor.
It is also the responsibility of the Bus Driver to do a thorough check of the bus to ensure all children have disembarked and to collect any belongings that are left on the bus every day once the last child has been dropped off.
The Bus Driver is then required to sign the Bus Register confirming that the check has been completed. The Bus Register remains on the school bus at all times.
The areas of bus services include all areas in Abu Dhabi City, Al Bahia, Khalifa City A&B, Mangrove Village, Between Two Bridges, Al Reef Villas, Mohamed Bin Zayed City and Sas Al Nakeel.
If you require transport and, please complete this form.